Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

Mixed up classes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LEEROY JENKINS!~
Rat
LEEROY JENKINS!~

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Have any of you made classes that aren't suppose to be fitting your roles? Such as a mage with really high strength and endurance that is 'Tanking', or a rogue that uses axes instead of swords, and even a warrior that has pure dex?

These are considered the 'wierd' builds, which I will most likely show when I get them to at least lvl 50. Im just curious if anyone else has tried mixing the class roles like I have.

In case this is the wrong forum im sorry, since this really fits into the classes in general not specifically one class.
Back to top Go down
ripstrawberry
Sewer Rat

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:43 am

My warriors uses bows with max dex to give warrior builds a ranged option. I don't see the point of raising str for any class except for warriors (rogues are a maybe. I still think daggers are better because the more points you get to put into dex you can raise your crit% and defensive stats higher along with the base dmg increase) to allow them to equip swords as it's the crappiest stat. Dex is the best stat in the game. Even my mage is a hybrid of dex and eng which means my mages roll around wielding dual daggers (for dual gear bonuses). I suppose mages with some str just to equip a shield is viable to let them survive longer to cast meteor.
Back to top Go down
Codra
Rat

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 am

Hey guys, I just finished my tank mage. lvl 75 after a reset; 29 skillpts left over.

GOAL: taking hits as well or better than a warrior.
this goal has been achieved. especially since most warriors run away from their roles so often. with this build i can easily out do alot of warriors, unless they're the true invigorate/battlestandard/ swap fireaura/warcry warrior just looking to get hit. any other warrior; garbage tank compared to this guy.

i put 126 in str and equip vicious with mp regen, mag resistance, (and other 2 stats are mixed; still huntin for better gear) . I hold a shield and 1H carnage with slow chance, skill/spell dmg plus endurance, and mp after kill (this can and will be upgraded to a lvl 74 1h cudgel, well the carnage has a higher base dmg im pretty sure the mage gets better macing bonuses; also in my MF runs ive found these dual regen rings with a 16 bonus to macing,) the build works really well man, i got 3100 range armor where a warrior only has about 3300-3400 maxed out.

i cast stonegrip at my feet, and keep frozen aura active at all times(this can also be a good dmg dealing spell, low mana cost it can be spammed to finish off enemies, break barrels, i cast it more than anything. then the 3rd skill goes with either a 1 pt rejuvenate (so u can spam it non stop) lvl 10 meteor or lvl 10 shock to lower armor. Its hard to make up for the warriors vengeful aura skill, which is a chance to return dmg taken. so the mage tank makes up for it with its self healing, slowing and weaking capabilities. when played with a range of any character types on any lvl in any difficulty this character will make yours succeed. there on things im still ironing out though. like the left over 30-40 pts i put them into endurance but could maybe use an extra 10-20 in energy (only to be better offensive). but if played defensively then no, not needed keep endurance for tanking situations, another thing is to get the 3rd-4th stat on each vicious piece to have str or endurance possibly critical chance and skill/spell dmg , along with the MPregen and mag resist. critical is the least desirable one. well yea its would be a serious improvement to my build. Taking hits better than a warrior is the goal, which has been achieved; i can confidently say that this character makes a better tank than most the players who play/build their warriors wrong. with any real team players this toon will slow/stun weaken and stop any mob or crowd in good time.

SITUATIONS: always have frozen aura active no matter what u start with stonegrip at ur feet. then your either going to use heal if fighting hard mobs to spam heal long enuff till monsters dead. spam meteor on self till their dead, or if working with a good dmg dealer shock to make shit die even faster (shock can stack with chainlightning so its cool to use it when another mage breaks out the chain)

as for synergy (this goes for any of your builds) best types of chars for a companions invorg warriors, debil grenade rogues,
if ur gonna play either rogue or warrior pick any other skills, just have either 1 of these skills; or your just failing.

if your newer to the game i highly reccomend MF with 134% rogue @ ritual room to get the pieces for any char type u want to build first.
Shout out to player littlechikenQC for showing me the way. you can MF warrior gear as easy as the rest by taking your warrior and respecting him into a dexterity character then equip 124% MF shadow leather gear, clear the 3 crowds at ritual room and have desired gear in no time.

Last edited by Codra on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Codra
Rat

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 am

After note on ripstrawberry's post.

the dex mage might be a worthy shot. only because this one thing i havnt checked yet. will dex stat increase your critical chance for spells. if so. then daaaamn u might be onto somthing, a super maxxed critical chance mage mixed with my tank mage build would be epic man! speaking of would u possibly wanna try a play through from begining to end on epic mode?

Im codra9 on psn
send me a request and tell me where u got my ID from.
Back to top Go down
Codra
Rat

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:42 am

ANOTHER POST; i know guys.
but i have to post this build its epic as fuck and crucial to MF with the warrior

as mentioned before i was enlightened by a fellow named littlechikenQC ; I didnt not come up with this build and will take no credit to its idea or workings.

GOAL: max MF as a warrior in ritual room.

once your warrior is lvl 75 (best after a reset 30 left over skills), 126 dex minimum to equip the shadowleather and drownings/gravekeeper.(on this note, ive tryed ravager with 1 drOWing it increases the dmg 1-200. after that u decide to add rest to dex for a lil more dmg or rest to enurance for life. energy i guess but not reccomended as much as other 2.
add to all passive skills, use invigorating aura and warcry. then depending on the situation either charge or battle standard on your 3rd spell button. use charge if your alone to for speed or to keep up with the rogue and battle standard with a mage or large party to increase their dmg further and improve survivability.

for this to work good again you will want to MF ritual room on a rogue to get better than 8dex/160hp/150mp/16MF gear (which is odd cuz everyone i meet ingame thinks this is version is the shit, i disagree. its the plainest most common version of the MF shadowleather other than like 160 mp or hp and gold finding) i have 3-4 pieces with more desirable stats, would be happy to help anyone out with them.

Back to top Go down
LEEROY JENKINS!~
Rat
LEEROY JENKINS!~

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 am

My Tank mage is alot like yours, having the one point in rejuv, and maxing my frost aura thing...I maxed the hex shield and other stuff, aswell as the energy regen so I could just wait a few seconds for my mp to regain fully.

Never have I made a pure dex warrior tho dual wielding daggers (Which is why I asked so in the firts post)...Cuurently my 75 warr is a glass cannon with about 100 dex and strength with all his gear (Any endurance I got was just an afterthought), rocking it out with a 2h sword and dagger (Dex and Strength stacked make the sword scary)

It does seem like having a pure dex build yields more damage, as about 200 points in dex sounds lovely.

ofc i've been thinking of making a build (Warr) with nothing but Endurance, idc about the armor or even if it can tank, just wanna see how much HP I can get :L

I am also thinkin of making a 2h rogue, or a rogue using a shield...I've seen a few rogues with a pure energy build: The only real fun part that I saw at first glance is shooting your staff real fast.

As to Codra, that sounds really scary...weren't there level 85's or so right after Reldin's place? :L

I wanna try it, but I'd have to use a proper build. And it sounds really scary Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed up classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed up classes   Mixed up classes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixed up classes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: General Discussion-
Jump to: