Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

Rogue Tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chertrek
Rat

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:01 pm

So, I was curious to see if a rogue could be a tank so I built one. My answer to that question is kind of in a non-traditional sense. Note: All the info below is for a level 75 rogue. This rogue is melee and relies entirely on crowd controls. To start, this build uses immortal daggers with crowd control stats such as stun chance although if you find something better please let me know. I stacked some hp regen and some mp regen because most of the time you will be using your spells. I have been wanting to raise my endurance to at least 100 but I haven't found dex armor that gives you end and does not take away from hp regen and other key stats.

Without gear:
8 str
96 dex
73 end
5 energy

With gear:
19 str
117 dex
87 end
16 energy

Skills:
Large Pouch (4) - The extra potions are helpful but you could probably only put 3 points in this if you want
Acrobat (10) - Dodge is important in this build. Its not necessary to stack but its good to have some to take less melee damage.
Round House (10) - Does great damage and stuns mobs. This is your most useful spell.
Assassinate (10) - Spam it on boss fights
Debilitating Grenade (10) - Great to use after the first Round House on mobs
Poison Studs (10) - Good for when you get hit and against archers
Bloodlust (10) - This is absolutely necessary. HP and MP per kill
Thief Arsenal (10) - Since this is a tank build, this is not entirely necessary but its good and there are not many alternatives worth putting points into.

So, how do you play this build? In mobs, start with one Round House and then throw a couple Debilitating Grenades in. Spam Round House to finish them off. You should also use the stun fairy. As I said above, in boss fights, spam Assassinate. In short, the strategy is stun and kill. So, this is a very effective tank build but if anyone can find a way to get more endurance in so you have more total hp please do not hesitate to post. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
pk nark
Rat

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am

how the helll do u play, im logged in but how do i play
Back to top Go down
chertrek
Rat

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am

What screen are you stuck at?
Back to top Go down
chertrek
Rat

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:33 am

If anyone is interested in checking out my other builds and other multimedia info, you should check out my blog. http://multimediainsanity.com
Back to top Go down
LEEROY JENKINS!~
Rat
LEEROY JENKINS!~

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I was gonna make a class like this, although it seems you beat me to it (Since my current rogue going strength/end is at 45 or so Razz)

As for me, I prefer strength over dex when tanking as a rogue. Loving the armor I get going strength, athough there was some other reason why I went strength/end rogue...

I think my main reason was to swing a 2h at insane speeds.

I'd assume that going strength would show a whole new set of gear/stats along with em; if you find strength gear giving you more hp then your dex ones, i'd happily trade off the dex, and put it into strength. ofc, only enough to equip your armor, that's a given since you want to max your end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rogue Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Tank   Rogue Tank I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Tank
Page 1 of 1