Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
N00bKing
Rat

Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) Empty
PostSubject: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm

The four primary attributes are STRENGTH, DEXTERITY, ENDURANCE and ENERGY. They are listed on the main Character Sheet which opens when the user presses SELECT on the Controller. Pressing the Square button on the Controller shows Details, which are affected by the primary attributes, in four main sections - OFFENSE, DEFENSE, WEAPON SKILLS and MISCELLANEOUS.

All characters inherently have some amount of each attribute, when they start the game, depending mainly on class. A Warrior will have more base STRENGTH than a Rogue, who will have more base DEXTERITY than a Mage, who will have more base ENERGY. Nearly all combat mechanics rely in some way on one or more character attributes. Increasing the appropriate attribute will increase damage done, reduce damage taken, affect a character's health or mana, or other benefits. Understanding how these attributes work is important for effective combat.

STRENGTH (Warrior Primary Attribute)
Adding one (1) point of STRENGTH to your character will give you the following:
0.25 (Dagger) Damage Bonus
0.50 (Sword) Damage Bonus
0.65* (Ax) Damage Bonus
0.59* (Mace) Damage Bonus

DEXTERITY (Rogue Primary Attribute)
Adding one (1) point of DEXTERITY to your character will give you the following:
0.05* Critical chance
3.00 Armor
0.05* Dodge
0.29 Damage reduction
0.25 Magic resistance
0.75 (Dagger) Damage Bonus
0.34 (Ax) Damage Bonus
0.40 (Mace) Damage Bonus
0.75 (Bow) Damage Bonus

ENDURANCE
Adding one (1) point of ENDURANCE to your character will give you the following:
8.00 HP
3.00 Armor
0.05* Block
0.30* Damage reduction
0.02* HP regeneration

ENERGY (Mage Primary Attribute)
Adding one (1) point of ENERGY to your character will give you the following:
5.00 MP
0.50 Skill power bonus
0.25 Magic resistance
0.50 (Staff) Damage Bonus
0.05* MP regeneration

NOTE: An asterisk (*) denotes rounding of a decimal place.

Last edited by N00bKing on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm

ah you beat me to it.

I was about to sit down and calculate those.

Now is it the same for all characters? (just curious since im not at a ps3 right now)

I was thinking that since some games actually decrease certain skills (mage/warror) stats.

But since this is a pretty linear game, I doubt it. It would be good to clear it up though.
Back to top Go down
N00bKing
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 pm

yukiomishima wrote:
ah you beat me to it.
I was about to sit down and calculate those.
Now is it the same for all characters? (just curious since im not at a ps3 right now)
I was thinking that since some games actually decrease certain skills (mage/warror) stats.
But since this is a pretty linear game, I doubt it. It would be good to clear it up though.

They seem to affect all characters equally from what I've tested.
Back to top Go down
crimeway1991
Rat

PostSubject: Re: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 am

DEXTERITY (Rogue Primary Attribute)
Adding one (1) point of DEXTERITY to your character will give you the following:
0.05* Critical chance
3.00 Armor
0.05* Dodge
0.29 Damage reduction
0.25 Magic resistance
0.75 (Dagger) Damage Bonus
0.34 (Ax) Damage Bonus
0.40 (Mace) Damage Bonus
0.75 (Bow) Damage Bonus

Awesome !!when i rebuild in stats my rogue i did like 50 points into end/en en when i played i noticed my speed/dmg changed alot so i rebuild to all Dex
Back to top Go down
ripstrawberry
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

^
Yup. Going all dex is pretty much the way to go for dps rogue builds. It's also quite competitive for dps sword warrior/bow builds. You could even make a case for high-level mage builds.

dex>other attributes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)   Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attributes & Skills Calculations (Allocating Character Points)
Page 1 of 1