Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

My first thread, my report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
More_Ammo
Rat
More_Ammo

My first thread, my report Empty
PostSubject: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 am

No, noone asked me, but I thought I would express myself here and see what you all thought.

First, I love this game. It was done very well. It's a lotta game for just under $13 off the PSN. Compared to other games that cost $60 and are bugged beyond belief.

In other news, I got my gf hooked on this game too. Her second day, she almost begged me to play. Sure hon, grab controler 2 and jump in anytime." In fact, she already texted me that when she comes home from work, "WE'RE PLAYING DAMN IT!" O.K.! LOL! no problems there!

Now for my report.

As good as this game is, there is room for improvement. I really hope this series continues. It is an excellent game for its type and I want more.

My report does not include any complaints! Very rare these days considering the current state of affairs in the video game industry.

Congratulations Gameloft, you did a great job with DH:A.

Well, not really an analysis, but suggestions for the next one. The following are ideas/requests/thoughts not written in stone and no obligation is required. For better or for worse, here are my ideas.

1 - Allow transfer of gold from one player to another. (Now after considering this, I realized why the devs decided not to have it. There is more
gold in this game than you will ever need, so I guess there really is no need to have that feature. It was just an idea with an afterthought,
but I included it anyway.) Perhaps a high level character could help out a fledgling?

2 - Allow variants of characters. You have to pay gold to re-arrange points. Fine, np, I have tons of gold. However, I would like to keep that
set up. For instance, I take my Wizard, re-arrange the points and then let me save that to another slot. I have 1 wizard, but I would like to
make a "Healing" Wizard. The Wiz I have now is setup for good all around fighting, both by myself and co-op. But a couple fo times in a 4
player romp, I decided one time to simply continuously heal my mates. It worked, we totally rocked the baddies, noone died. Smile
The heavy hitters were able to get in close and not worry about dying. Once they realized what I was doing, the other 3 moved in and
obliterated the boss. It was sweet. Smile

3 - Add a fourth character. OR, keep it three and have the option to either choose a Male or Female form. Chicks with speed and whipping blades
is cool.

4 - Online mode. Currently, you can reserve a spot for a player. But I don't want to be playing with 4 Wizards. Add the option to reserve a spot
for a specific character. If I host, I'd like to reserve a spot for the other 2 types.

5 - I don't know why, but the Mute function does not seem to work. I can hear people during load times and on top of that, even when I select
to mute player during game play, I can still hear chatter. (kind of a nit-pick, but an observation nonetheless) With all the battle sounds going
you hardly notice it, but it is clear during load times.

6 - Save anytime, anywhere. Currently, you can save your progress, but not your spot. I think the reason is, whenever you venture out, despite
having gone through it already, you will encounter baddies. Who would want to spawn right in the middle of several enemies? I suppose, this
one could go either way.

7 - Is there anything that can be done about the long load times?

8 - Emergency transporter.

9 - Option to narrow the volley of arrows. When maxxed out, you can throw 11 arrows at once. A nice wide swath of destruction. What if we
could narrow it to half as wide, or something?

10 - Hold button down for fully automatic fire. Currently, it is semi-automatic.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. What do you think?

I'm More_Ammo. Wizard(61), Rogue(60), Warrior(15)

I have had tremendous fun with all those I have played with. Sometimes I get lucky and get a nice crew and we seriously tear sheeet up.

Gameloft, looking forward to the next installment. Wink

EDIT:

11 - Super Charge Bow & Staff .(when so equipped, X can be held down for a charge and release shot. a more powerful burst.)

12 - Allow screen shot.

13 - Do NOT default 1 Skill point to the first skill. (always upper left, top row)

Last edited by More_Ammo on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crimeway1991
Rat

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:52 am

Nice idea's am also waiting on new updates can't wait that they add the mod after legendary me and a friend are at the boss before the portals from the dark fairy and dam thats hard :p also get drops from above lvl 75 and that whhy i just started a tank warior cause was no point of finishing the 'secret' legendary mod plus

also why not add a nice let's say in weekend special bosses or so don't know i realy like this game only in the mage i don't like when i finish my warior il make a healer

feel free to add my psn crimeway1991
Back to top Go down
ripstrawberry
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:20 pm

I'd want a higher level of difficulty that provides an increased level cap, high-end equips and maybe a few new passives for each class. A 4th class would also be nice. Monk? Psion?
Back to top Go down
crimeway1991
Rat

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:20 am

a 4the class eum yea why not but they should work on legendary mod + first
i am far at that mod but see no reason to finish it cause after defeating reldin u get items higer then 75 so why finishing the mod if u don't benefit of it.

for people ho like to have 75 armor keep opening the 3 chest at reldin 1 behind that portal that brings u to next arena and 2 at left and under
Back to top Go down
More_Ammo
Rat
More_Ammo

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:47 am

I've thought about the 4th character, but instead, I think it would be better to keep the 3 and offer a gender choice for the player like Darkstone has. (hindsight) gender option better.

Reldin huh? hmmm, I will check into that.
Back to top Go down
More_Ammo
Rat
More_Ammo

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:00 pm

14 - The Mage needs some kind of speed enhancement. Without it, you negate the Lightning Attack of the Rogue in terms of speed of movement. You are only as fast as your slowest teammate. I've seen Warriors move faster than Mages. Even the Warrior has a speed boost of sorts. Also, Levitation for the Mage would be a good idea and then incorperate into the next game the need to cross chasms using Levitation. or something like that.

15 - Why do we hear the grunt of death after revival? (tiny nitpick)
Back to top Go down
ripstrawberry
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:23 pm

"I've thought about the 4th character, but instead, I think it would be better to keep the 3 and offer a gender choice for the player like Darkstone has. (hindsight) gender option better."

Gender change would be hard to integrate due to the story. A 4th class is much more fun!

"14 - The Mage needs some kind of speed enhancement. Without it, you negate the Lightning Attack of the Rogue in terms of speed of movement. You are only as fast as your slowest teammate. I've seen Warriors move faster than Mages. Even the Warrior has a speed boost of sorts. Also, Levitation for the Mage would be a good idea and then incorperate into the next game the need to cross chasms using Levitation. or something like that."

You negate the lightning attack of the rogue? Got confused there. Warriors do indeed have blood rage (situational) and invigorating aura. Levitation is a nice idea for mages but they should put an option like that for rogues and warriors as well if they'll be including chasms in the next game. I don't mind the mage getting a speed boost skill but the other 2 classes should also get another useful skill to offset that because that would upset the balance between classes. Definitely a passive for both classes though as we have enough actives.

"9 - Option to narrow the volley of arrows. When maxxed out, you can throw 11 arrows at once. A nice wide swath of destruction. What if we
could narrow it to half as wide, or something?"

Why would a rogue want that? Wider range means you can hit more things right?

Back to top Go down
More_Ammo
Rat
More_Ammo

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Lightning Attack is great for both fighting and movement. But if you use LA for movement with slower heroes, you will be only as fast as your slowest character.

Narrowing the field of arrows concentrates the effect. Narrower field, more power. Wider field, less power. Think of a shot gun with bird shot vs. buck shot. Anyway, @ lvl. 75, I don't use the magic arrows, so the idea itself is pointless I guess. Thoughts posted out loud that's all. The Acid Darts on the other hand, leave them just the way they are. Wink
Back to top Go down
ripstrawberry
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 pm

"Lightning Attack is great for both fighting and movement. But if you use LA for movement with slower heroes, you will be only as fast as your slowest character. "

Yeah so I'm all for the mage running speed boost passive (ala quickness but smaller bonuses) but as I said if they do that they should give warriors/rogues a useful passive as well. Maybe a slight defensive bonus passive for warriors and a slight offensive bonus passive for rogues?

"Narrowing the field of arrows concentrates the effect. Narrower field, more power. Wider field, less power. Think of a shot gun with bird shot vs. buck shot. Anyway, @ lvl. 75, I don't use the magic arrows, so the idea itself is pointless I guess. Thoughts posted out loud that's all. The Acid Darts on the other hand, leave them just the way they are. "

I actually use volley over acid darts for it's range but I might have a misconception. Based on my observation, regardless if one dart/arrow hits a single target or more than one they still take dmg as if hit by one. Since I've assumed that this is the case, I prefer volley due to more range, higher dmg (not taking poison into account because my ranged rogue has poison studs anyways) and wider spread. Volley can also transfer weapon status effects.

Acid darts has an unmentioned chance for pushback though so that last point is a wash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first thread, my report   My first thread, my report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first thread, my report
Page 1 of 1