Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

psn down and they dont know why

Go down 
+8
chain
Yukio (Hideookino)
adam270391
Downloading-
lowhz
ShadowDragon
Shakey
xStokeRx
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

psn down and they dont know why Empty
PostSubject: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

"The PlayStation Network has been down for almost the past 9 hours, without any maintenance announced. Users are finding themselves unable to log in to the PlayStation Network (again). Sony seems to be aware of the problem and posted an updated on their blog with the vague message "We're aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down""

this sucks i wanted to play DHA
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Yeah i was just reading a thing on the escapist saying there was a post from a playstation big wig saying they havent ruled out a third party attack but that since saying that the post was removed, heres the link.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109448-PSN-Down-Worldwide-Is-Anonymous-to-Blame
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 pm

ya might be anonamus again cuz the site is down to
Back to top Go down
ShadowDragon
Rat
ShadowDragon

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:12 am

Ive only had my PS3 for a few months (Im a refugee from PC gaming) and it seems PSN is down more than its up. Oh well, I guess we get what we pay for.

/shrug
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:59 am

well that past few months have been rough with the hackers attacking psn and sony web sites and all the ppl with cfw fing around and the psn hope sony can solve these problems even though i do own 2 ps3's and one has cfw but it isnt even on the internet so...
Back to top Go down
lowhz
Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:52 am

This is getting rediculous. It's been down close to 48 hours. I don't complain one bit when it goes down an hour or two now and then. This is catastrophic (not for me, don't worry I'll be ok) and embarrasing for Sony.

They have no back-up service? Even your average companies website would have a back-up service to use in case the original still can't be accessed after 24 hours of troubleshooting.

Could PSN possibly rely on the AWS (Amazon Web Service) EC2? I know that went down approximately the same time, and has not yet been fixed. Way to leave us in the dark Sony! Mad

You PSN+ subscribers should check your agreement/TOS and see if there is a guaranteed % of uptime.

Oh and to all the people saying "Don't complain, it's a free service." Absolutely not. That is the way Sony would like you to think. The PSN is a selling point of the console. If they sold the PS3 under a "Pay-to-Play" plan they would not have sold anywhere near the number of consoles. So they got their money, trust me, it's just indirectly.
Back to top Go down
Downloading-
Sewer Rat
Downloading-

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm

PSN could possibly be down all weekend apparently -_-"
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:45 am

yep i hope not but thats the way its looking
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:23 am

anonymous said they weren't going to attack again as it was interrupting players more than Sony.

Usually big organisations such as Sony will have back-up servers which could be switched to within minutes, so I personally think there's something they're not telling us.

yesterday they updated the info they were releasing just saying "it will likely being a few more days till we know what's wrong"

My best bet is that it'll be Tuesday when it gets back online.

also:
@ShadowDragon I've had a ps3 since release and never had problems connecting before this week, other than during the so called "apocalyps3" which was a software bug on certain consoles which prevented them from doing certain things for a day.
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:41 am

We are now in early morning hours of Day #3, that is right two whole days of no PSN access at all has now passed thru out the whole wide world, and now finally a official statement from Sony themselves claiming they needed to TURN IT OFF to launch an internal audit due to well nothing less then of course 'hackers'!

UPDATE #4: The latest new update comes from the USA arm on their blog:

Quote:
Update On PlayStation Network/Qriocity Services
+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

News Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/22/update-on-playstation-network-qriocity-services/
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:42 am

This is getting quite lame im now 55 on my warrior but still its just getting boring not playing with friends, oh well hopefully they'll get it back up soon.
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:45 am

ya your telling me i got my war up 25 lvls to 75 in the last two days and just dont feel like playing solo any more.
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 am

Dude, now i guess playstation is deciding that they might as well just rebuild the playstation network from the ground up and install new security features........ I call BS so what its going to be down for what a week??????? Grrr
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm

ya i read that on there blog the other day I'm not holding my breath i just hope my cedit card info is safe. Anyways back to work tomarow and haven't even really played much DHA this weekend because i wanted to play online.
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 pm

You could always make a build
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:19 pm

ya i'm just bored of solo
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Make a str/energy warrior with 80mp regen and spam spinning charge
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Playing alone does kinda suck
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Very true...

Well while PSN is down ill just get my war to 75. Wait...maybe not...getting boring.
Back to top Go down
chain
Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Cant wait to play with some lads when they finally fix their flamin network lol, playing with my brothers allright but the banter is limited
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:45 pm

ya thats what i did finished my war off on friday and haven't been thrilled to play rouge or mage alone. i don't know ive always been a tank kinda guy that's just my play style crazy strong and mo every thing i have a harder time playing mage or rouge solo just bores me.
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Haha yup, hopefully psn will get back up before i finish my last character.

Tank eh? Funny, I'm usually the tank or the healer. For some reason i took much pleasure in the rogue and mage, and im hating the war...lol
Back to top Go down
Downloading-
Sewer Rat
Downloading-

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 pm

News is it could be back up by tomorrow the latest tuesday.

The Rouge is actually pretty fun to use with the dual wield. Rouge can wreck anyone one on one. plus you can use the bow as a secondary too. For me I hate the mage never really liked casters. I was a huge D2 player before i stopped at 1.10 and I mostly used a barbarian or a pally.
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Ah D2. Never played but i am a Former WoW and other players. I normally stuck with the Pally tank and resto druid, but rogue, never lol, this is one of the first times i chose the rogue over the rest.
Back to top Go down
Downloading-
Sewer Rat
Downloading-

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah I never got into WoW I knew a few people who played it religiously tho. I personally think the Rouge is the best character for DHA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psn down and they dont know why
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: General Discussion-
Jump to: