Dungeon Hunter's Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community-run forum for fans of the psn action-rpg game 'Dungeon Hunter: Alliance'.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShoutMix chat widget

psn down and they dont know why

Go down 
+8
chain
Yukio (Hideookino)
adam270391
Downloading-
lowhz
ShadowDragon
Shakey
xStokeRx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Downloading- wrote:
Yeah I never got into WoW I knew a few people who played it religiously tho. I personally think the Rouge is the best character for DHA.

Yup, its the easiest to use. I mean come on, its the only class that can beat the game with only its melee attacks.
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:53 am

xStokeRx wrote:
ya i read that on there blog the other day I'm not holding my breath I just hope my cedit card info is safe....

I believe the credit/debit card info is stored on the individual PS3 console as opposed to on the PSN servers, meaning it's safe from hackers.
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

Yeah id rather not relive all the time and money i wasted playing WoW i miss some of my friends that still play but thats about it lol.
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 pm

adam270391 wrote:
xStokeRx wrote:
ya i read that on there blog the other day I'm not holding my breath I just hope my cedit card info is safe....

I believe the credit/debit card info is stored on the individual PS3 console as opposed to on the PSN servers, meaning it's safe from hackers.

well that's good and i think your right it is stored on the ps3 if i remember right.

I hate WOW with a pashion ive seen ppl waste there lives away to this game and in fact one of my old friends is 26 and still lives with his mother no job and plays WOW in there basement all day. wile the rest of us have REAL friends and family's. makes me think of that movie were ppl are hooked up to comps and the can be any one they want and the fat retarded dude is a little skinny ghirl out sleeping around. just wait it will come to that. lol kinda went on a rant there sorry.....
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Lmao I think you were thinking of Gamer with Gerald Butler. I want to play DHA by the way lol.
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Shakey wrote:
Lmao I think you were thinking of Gamer with Gerald Butler. I want to play DHA by the way lol.

Yup Exactly it.

Yeh i used to play it but I soon saw my money slowly drain and the lack of sleep caught up to me. So i just up and left it. Felt good, but every-so-often I get that email or something from an old guildie requesting Wc or some raid.

Too bad XD

Hope PSN gets fixed soon.
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 am

Shakey wrote:
Yeah id rather not relive all the time and money i wasted playing WoW i miss some of my friends that still play but thats about it lol.

I've read about several people that died through playing WoW too much >_> and several people have *cough* sold themselves IRL for in-game items.

back on-topic, PSN should be up any day now (hopefully and presuming there's no more delays)

edit: Sony's latest word on the matter:
"I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.
As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience."

from here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/25/psn-update/
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
Rat
itMFtis

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 am

It's pretty standard fluff. There is no mention of a time frame for when the PSN will be back up.
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 am

something slightly worrying:
"He also said the company has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users have been compromised, but that Sony would promptly inform users if it found that was the case."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/226162/Sony_Yet_to_Determine_Scope_of_PlayStation_Network_Attack.html
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Sewer Rat
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 am

Heres an article speculating that custom firmware was the reason of the attack but its up in the air if its true or not.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109545-Speculation-About-PSN-Outage-Turns-to-Custom-Firmware

And by the way adam no i didnt sell myself for WoW or for in game items lol. Thats actually really sad when you think about it.......... *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Hackers stole millions of Playstation gamers user data

Electronics manufacturer Sony has announced that some 77 million Playstation gamer credentials have ended up taking over by hackers. Data contain, among other things, players' names, birthdays, addresses, user names and passwords as well as information gaming history.
According to Sony is no evidence that the players would have ended up with your credit card details to hackers. The Company does not exclude this possibility.
Playstation network was a week ago, network attack, and the service has been out of action ever since. Through the service, players can play, including multiplayer games, buy games, watch movies and listen to music.
Service was this year by March about 77 million registered users.
(Google Translate)

Source:
http://yle.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/2011/...t_2543998.html

Read more: Hackers stole millions of Playstation gamers user data http://psgroove.com/showthread.php?3120-Hackers-stole-millions-of-Playstation-gamers-user-data#ixzz1KfntbNqE

better change your passwords boys
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 am

Sony is reporting that the hackers got every thing even credit card info fml geuss I gotta call my card company and get a new one
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 am

Several experts think that even if they got credit/debit card info they won;t even try to use it.
Rather they'll likely pretend to be Sony and send out emails/phone calls/letters asking for bank details, etc. (phishing)
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:45 am

still going to change my card
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:44 am

some new info on the situation apparently hacks are trying to sell the info on shady cc web sites.

Q: Are you working with law enforcement on this matter?
A: Yes, we are currently working with law enforcement on this matter as well as a recognised technology security firm and local law enforcement to conduct a complete investigation. This criminal attack against our system and against our customers is a criminal act and we are proceeding aggressively to find those responsible.

Q: Was my personal data encrypted?
A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code, sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) and expiration date may have been obtained.

Q: What steps should I take at this point to help protect my personal data?
A: For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.
To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your statements.

Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. This email would have been sent to you immediately after you added the funds, and will contain the first four digits and last four digits of your credit card number. You can also check your previous credit card statements to determine which card was attached to your PlayStation Network or Qriocity accounts.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

Q: Have all PlayStation Network and Qriocity users been notified of the situation?
A: In addition to alerting the media and posting information about it on this blog, we have also been sending emails directly to all 77 million registered accounts. It takes a bit of time to send that many emails, and not every email will still be active, but this process has been underway since yesterday. At this time, the majority of emails have been sent and we anticipate that all registered accounts will have received notifications by April 28th. Consumers may also visit uk.playstation.com/psnoutage and www.qriocity.com for notices regarding this issue. In addition, we have taken steps to disseminate information regarding this issue to media outlets so that consumers are informed.

Q: What steps is Sony taking to protect my personal data in the future?
A: We’ve taken several immediate steps to add protections for your personal data. First, we temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and, second, we are enhancing security and strengthening our network infrastructure. Moving forward, we are initiating several measures that will significantly enhance all aspects of PlayStation Network’s security and your personal data, including moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway. We will provide additional information on these measures shortly.

Q: Has Sony identified the party or parties responsible for the PlayStation Network hack and subsequent theft of personal information?
A: We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation and are working closely with a recognised technology security firm in order to find those responsible for this criminal act, no matter where in the world they might be located.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

Q: Will our download history/friends list/settings be affected by the PSN downtime?
A: No, they will not.

Q: Will trophies that were earned in single-player offline games during the outage be intact when the service resumes?
A: These trophies are intact and will be re-synched when the network is once again operational.

Q: Will my PS+ cloud saves be retrievable?
A: Yes, once PSN is restored.

Q: What if we have a subscription to PS3 MMOs DC Universe Online or Free Realms? Will we get compensation for that?
A: From Sony Online Entertainment: “We apologize for any inconvenience players may have experienced as a result of the recent service interruption. As a global leader in online gaming, SOE is committed to delivering stable and entertaining games for players of all ages. To thank players for their patience, we will be hosting special events across our game portfolio. We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.”

Q: Will there be a goodwill gesture for the time we haven’t been able to utilize PSN/Qriocity?
A: We are currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online.

There are also rumours circulating the scene that someone has been shopping the stolen data around. Whether or not that is true, who knows... If we hear anything more on that we'll be sure to let you know.
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Apparently a large number of people are reporting that their credit cards have been used.

several major security firms (including the CIA and the homeland security department) are investigating the situation and are apparently certain that credit/debit card information has NOT been obtained by whoever launched the attack.

the people that say they have the credit/debit card information for sale say it includes the security number and email address passwords neither of which are stored on the psn servers (in fact users' email address password isn't even handled over psn at any time).

Back to top Go down
DragonDeadite
Rat
DragonDeadite

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm

So now they're going to give us free membership to a program who's primary function is to get discount on games, primarily on one game that I already own!! So all I get is some extra demos and... what? What benefits you get from PSN Plus? Free entertainment downloads should equal movie rentals, so that would be cool of course...
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:26 am

DragonDeadite wrote:
So now they're going to give us free membership to a program who's primary function is to get discount on games, primarily on one game that I already own!! So all I get is some extra demos and... what? What benefits you get from PSN Plus? Free entertainment downloads should equal movie rentals, so that would be cool of course...

automatic updates, cloud save storage (an online storage for game-saves), discounts, free games, exclusive betas.

also: now Sony online entertainment (SOE) has been hacked too, they run several PC MMORPGs I believe.
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:07 pm

how long do we get + for i wounder a year would be awsome 1 month would suck
Back to top Go down
xStokeRx
HobGoblin
xStokeRx

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:27 pm

This morning, Kaz Hirai, Shinji Hasejima and Shiro Kambe held a pathetic press conference in Japan to discuss the current PSN outage. They might as well have played James Brown's classic song "Talkin' Loud And Saying Nothing" for two hours. Here are the "highlights"

In a nutshell, they don't know much of anything about the hack. They estimate as many as 10 million users personal data was exposed but now claim there is no proof any credit card data was stolen.

They are moving the PSN Data Center to a new "more secure" location and created a new position, Chief Information Security Officer, to oversee future security.

They made a point to say that PSN passwords were not encrypted but were hashed.

They hope to have some services re-started in a week and full access restored in one month.

There will be a forced system software update that will require all registered PlayStation Network users to change their account passwords before being able to sign into the service. As an added layer of security, that password can only be changed on the same PS3 in which that account was activated, or through validated email confirmation

They also recommend changing your password on any sites you may have used the same password as PSN on.

Affected users will get a free 30-day subscription to PlayStation Plus and an unspecified free software download. Qriocity customers will get an extra 30 days of service.

They will deal with PlayStation Plus members and the contents of online wallets on a case-by-case basis.

You can also cancel your account if you wish.

Many questions were asked about the Anonymous attacks and the possible connection to this case but Sony downplayed Anonymous as a minor annoyance at best.

This same information was repeated over and over for two hours. Sony apparently thinks the more times you repeat the same information the more it sounds like you know what you are doing. Unfortunately, to everyone else, they looked like The Keystone Cops.

Here is the link to the full Sony official "press release" for more info...

one month free + boo erns
Back to top Go down
Yukio (Hideookino)
HobGoblin
Yukio (Hideookino)

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Lol, im not following the press conf anymore. apparently i know people on the inside who like to give out info before the press gets wind.

They said it could be up by wednesday and that plus give outs will be on a regional basis.
Back to top Go down
itMFtis
Rat
itMFtis

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:50 am

Games bought/downloaded through PS+ get removed or otherwise cease to work after you stop subscribing right?
Back to top Go down
adam270391
Sewer Rat

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

itMFtis wrote:
Games bought/downloaded through PS+ get removed or otherwise cease to work after you stop subscribing right?

if you get a game for FREE through plastation+ then yes it gets disabled afterwards, games that have a discount are NOT disabled once your subscription ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psn down and they dont know why   psn down and they dont know why - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psn down and they dont know why
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: Dungeon Hunter's Alliance :: General Discussion-
Jump to: